Tuesday, August 7, 2007

And so it begins...again...and elsewhere too

Here is hoping (and planning) for a new start. One with more focus and dedication. And regularity. A healthy dose of blogging fiber should do the trick.

The move is complete, sort of. Still in boxes, still arranging and rearranging and buying those necessary things that you need when you move from a small apartment with a roomy bathroom to a large apartment with a cozy bathroom. We have room, glorious room! I can frolic and cavort and not have to go outside to do so.

Of course, as most moves usually do, this one did not go as smoothly as planned. I am leeching internet access from someone's unrestricted wireless network (Thanks to you for making my life sooooo much easier!) and working from my cell phone since Time Warner and I had a little misunderstanding about what Tuesday means. Do I really need to babysit every interaction I have with deliveries and appointments? (Don't answer that. I know. Who is John Galt?)

So now I'll start looking in earnest for my very own copy of The God Delusion so I can share some thoughts about Richard Dawkins' thoughts.

I'll also start writing in earnest on the new blog which you can find here. It is called Eyes on Genocide. I plan to bring attention to what Ward Churchill calls "A Little Matter of Genocide" which unfortunately has been a recurring theme throughout human history. Well, since I truly believe that mankind is on the brink of maturity (an understanding which comes from my beliefs as a Baha'i) then it is time that genocide becomes a thing of the past. It is a topic that is controversial and passionate, but one we cannot ignore.

I guess that I would say I have developed two metathemes for these two blogs. Rodin's Muse is focusing on the harmony of science and religion while Eyes on Genocide focuses on the oneness of humanity. I guess I shouldn't find it surprising. Those are the two main reasons I became a Baha'i and they form the foundation of my belief system.

So what do you say. Let's have at it. We'll meet regularly for our virtual discussions and try to make the world a better place. Agreed?

1 comment:

lcdseattle said...

Welcome to your new home and new blog.

Your writing always gives me a moment to pause and think about things and that's a very good thing.



XOXO