Thursday, March 1, 2007

Ayyam-i-Ha mubarak!

Lest you think, dear readers, that I have forgotten you, I have not. It is just a very busy time of year for party-going Baha'is.

Baha'is observe Ayyam-i-Ha from February 26 to March 1, the few days before they start their Nineteen Day Fast. You can see more about Ayyam-i-Ha here and more about the Fast here. Basically it is four days (five during leap years) of festivity, charity, socializing, and gift-giving before 19 days of fasting where we forego eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset. It is a time of spiritual reconsecration and focus. It all ends with a celebration of Naw-Ruz on the first day of Spring. It has become a favorite time of year for me, especially since I became a Baha'i 18 years ago today.

So Ayyam-i-Ha mubarak, everyone! (Happy Ayyam-i-Ha!)

My next post will be about the process of naming a blog and which is more difficult, naming a blog or naming a baby.

Why did I call this Rodin's Muse?

Think about it.

No comments: